What is Kokua Market?
Established in 1971, Kokua Market is the first natural foods cooperative in Hawaii, and the only one in Honolulu! We have high standards for what we carry, with a focus on fresh, local & organic products. Owner or not, anyone can shop at Kokua Market.
What is a Co-op?
A co-op is a business cooperatively owned by people with a shared vision and values. Becoming an owner of Kokua Market is an investment in the community's access to healthy and sustainable food. Our 4,000+ owners have a say in what we sell and how we operate. Scroll down for information on becoming an owner!
Shop Local & Vote With Your Dollars
Our goal is to provide our community with local, organic, and healthy food!
Shop at Kokua Market to vote with your dollars in supporting the local economy and creating a more sustainable food system.
Explore our many departments for a description of what we offer!
Join Our Community - Become an Owner!
What are the benefits of becoming an Owner? Becoming an Owner of Kokua Market is an investment in your health, our community, and the local economy. Benefits include:
- Owners Advantage pricing (additional discounts on select items)
- Discounted movie tickets to Consolidated Theaters ($8/ticket)
- Owners Appreciation Weekend (for 4 weekends/year, owners receive 15% off purchases they make for the whole weekend)
- Annual Meeting (a free dinner with Kokua managers, Board Members, and fellow owners to get updated on what's happening at the market)
- Electing Board Members (Kokua Market is governed by an owner-elected Board of Directors. Elections typically occur once a year)
- Have a say in your store! (We truly value the opinion of our Owners and welcome suggestions to better serve you and the community as a whole)
A one-time $160* investment makes you a lifetime owner, and whether you move away or change your mind, you can get your money back at any time. Sign up in the store!
*A $10/month payment plan is available for those who prefer it